greenhousemanagementonline.com; The fresh produce and floral industry asked, and the Produce Marketing Association listened: the schedule for the PMA’s 2012 Fresh Summit International Convention & Exposition is being shortened from four to three days. And that’s just one of the updates planned for this year’s event, to be held Oct. 26-28 in Anaheim, Calif.
Here are key highlights of what’s new this year:
• This year’s event will feature education, tools and resources to help attendees adapt to the realities of today’s rapidly changing business environment.
• The trade show is shortened from three days to two days, Saturday and Sunday – though total expo time is reduced by only 1.5 hours.
• Educational workshops are centralized in one day, on Friday, organized into three series, and a Friday Daily Pass registration option is offered.
• Tailor Fresh Summit to meet your specific needs using our new “communities of interest” – such as Global Trade & Trends, and Food Safety, Technology & Supply Chain – that will help you find networking opportunities, education, even products and services.
• A special floral registration package is being offered to attract floral buyers and sellers.
• New to the New Products Showcase, a “Just 4 Kids” showcase.
What’s not changing:
• The expo is still the industry’s largest, best-attended U.S. trade show – more than 18,000 attendees are expected from more than 60 countries.
• Registration packages include all access and expo-only options.
• Our popular Retail Produce Tour will be held on Thursday (space is limited, so register early).
• General sessions will be held on each day – over brunch on Friday, and breakfast on Saturday and Sunday.
For complete details, visit www.freshsummit.com. Early registration discounts are available through Sept. 21; advance registration closes on Oct. 12. On-site registration will be available at the Anaheim Convention Center.